Wednesday, November 5, 2014

No other moms...

I grabbed the keys and a mug with coffee.
With the youngest and oldest kiddo in tow, I started the truck this morning.
It felt like old times.
It felt normal.
It felt right.

Kinley and I dropped Cabila off at his school and then proceeded back into the "flow" of traffic.

I sipped my coffee in my favorite Guesthouse ceramic mug and then it hit me...











...no other moms were dropping their kiddos off (not in a vehicle, anyway).

      No other moms were sipping coffee from a ceramic mug.

           No other moms had a young one behind them
             playing a game on their mom's cell phone.


I was reminded that though I am living in a world where I sometimes stand out instead of blending in, I am extremely blessed!

I face challenges everyday that haven't always been a part of my 'norm' and many days I'm tempted to focus on what I don't have instead of thanking God for what I do have.  I've struggled with this lately.  But today I am reminded again that His provisions are indeed provisions, even if they don't look like I imagine them to be.


"God is in the business of providing for us. And He does provide for us everything we need each day. We need to open our eyes to the ways He is providing. Focus your eyes on all God has given you each day."
~Melissa Crutchfield

No comments:

Post a Comment