Thursday, November 28, 2013

Craving Turkey and Dressing...

The last couple of weeks might have actually been 2 of the most challenging weeks we've faced since we arrived in Haiti last January.  We've taken some extremely hard hits but we are hanging in.

I didn't intend to take such a long break from blogging and I can hardly believe that tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day!  I have such mixed emotions tonight as I reflect on all that we have to be thankful for and yet my flesh still longs for some comforts that always seemed to come with the holidays in years past... family gatherings, big meals, no school (smiles), and even Thanksgiving-sale-shopping with my family and friends.
  
This year school will be in session tomorrow (since Thanksgiving is not a recognized holiday in Haiti), we won't have turkey (John did see one for sale in Cap Haitien but it was $75), I won't get to hug or see my extended family face to face and I won't be late night shopping with my sister-in-law.

So... is this a post where I tell you that things have been tough but God is good?  No, not really but things have been tough and it is true that God really is good.  :o)  I just need to reconnect with you and I need to write so I'll fill you in on some of what's been going on around here.


Mirlande, one of the oldest orphans, left Camp Coq and moved in with her older sister in Port-au-Prince.  We hated to see her go but we so understand that she is ready to take on some new, exciting adventures of her own!  We wish her all the best and we can't wait til she comes back to visit!!








The bakery is rolling right along - making and selling bread. 

 The baker even made some decorative loaves one night!!


 

John installed plugs and lighting for the workers (inside and out)...




He is such a whiz!  

Please keep praying for business as it takes off and for the workers, too.


The food program at the school is going well.  We had a few 'kinks to work out' but the children are so excited to have food each day at school and we keep hearing comments about how good the food is!


(We are so thankful for all the food packs put together and sent by FMSC!) 

We continue to be amazed at all that God is doing here and are so thankful for what so many of you are doing for us and the people of Camp Coq, Haiti!  We are already receiving items to be distributed for Christmas!  You guys are amazing!!

We love and appreciate you and are so humbled by your sacrifices.  We hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!!!

Love, The Chaps in Haiti 
<><


No comments:

Post a Comment