Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Being Away

I am fully convinced that 2 of the hardest times to be away from extended family and the comforts of "home" are:

1) during the holidays
and
2) during times that you are sick

Finding out that my parents spent the night in the hospital in November didn't make being over 1400 miles from them at Thanksgiving any easier.  They have assured me that everything is fine, now, but I still wish I could have personally laid eyes (and arms) on them.

I spent the last 36+ hours in bed after being hit by some horrid stomach demon but once again I have to say that John deserves a medal!  He was caretaker, not only to me, but also to our girls that took turns being sick throughout the night Monday night.  He continues to be my hero!  He found the closest thing to 7up and saltines and has done laundry and dishes and schoolwork, too!

It's really hard to fathom that Christmas is just 21 days away but we have ordered a Christmas tree and are anxiously waiting on it to come in.  I started listening to Christmas music and while Colbie Caillat singing about Christmas in the Sand is kind of relative to where we are, Baby, it's Cold Outside is just too much of a stretch since it's still 80 degrees where we are.  :)

So how are you?

What's going on in your world?

We miss you.....



No comments:

Post a Comment