Friday, November 6, 2015

The curtains

"When we fear we can't do the things God calls us to do...that He won't protect and provide...we embrace the lie that our circumstances are bigger than God, and our faith gets placed on the altar of our own perceptions.  If you're like me you often fear what's behind the curtain of God's call, 


...and -frustratingly- He won't let me peek...


...He keeps the curtain of our future drawn 
so we'll learn to live by faith and not by sight, 
so we'll become certain of what we hope for, 
and become sure of God even when we can't see 
how He's working in our current circumstances.

God's plans are never an afterthought.  He created you with weaknesses to keep you on your knees."


As I read these words from my Word For You Today devotional this week, I remembered these photos of Kinley and this set of purple curtains. She had so much fun playing in them when we were out with friends one day.  But let's be honest... as adults, curtains just don't exude that much laughter. As a matter of fact, they breed frustration if we aren't careful...just like Jon Walker shared in, "Is Your Faith in You Fear?"

Maybe you're frustrated regarding some curtains in your life.  I know we've experienced our own share during this current season of waiting. I've wanted to rip the dang curtains down and snatch the rod right out the wall several times over the past few months but then there are reminders like this that put me back on track.

If you're wrestling with God about something He's calling you to do because you just don't feel capable of doing it, know this.......He will equip you to do the job, complete the task, make the connection but He might not reveal what's behind the curtain until you take the first step.

God knows your challenge. 
Your abilities and your resources are not what strengthen you for the journey.

"I can do everything through Him
who gives me strength."
Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment