Monday, July 2, 2012

Go ahead, God… Stop me in my tracks……


And so it begins!  “Mama, why can we not take Hershey to Haiti?”  

While I try to explain Kylie seems to understand and then responds, “Well, then we need someone to move in here and live when we have to go.”   If she only knew that I have secretly prayed that fairy tale prayer… that someone would just be able to move into our home and allow my furry children’s lives to be as unaffected as possible by our move...

Part of me can’t believe this conversation occurred THIS morning… the morning after I posted prayer requests in “I Confess…”.  The morning after one prayer request is regarding this specifically.  But then there’s part of me that can totally believe it.  The same God that prompted me to share my heart yesterday ministered to my heart this same ‘morning after’ with a devotional that included these words, “How do you stand firm when everything that can be shaken is shaking? Well for starters, Isaiah says, “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You” (Isa 26:3).  If Moses had focused on his circumstances, he’d never have had peace standing between the Red Sea and the Egyptians.  His peace came from knowing he was where God wanted him to be.  Peace in and of itself isn’t the goal; peace is a by-product of knowing: “How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear [honor] you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you” (Ps 31:19).   

Go ahead, God!  Stop me in my tracks…  Redirect my focus and hold my hand, please!  Hold my heart!  Hold me, period!  You never said it was going to be easy but I trust you when you do say, “May the God of peace…equip you with everything good for doing YOUR  will, and may YOU  work in us what is pleasing to YOU, through Jesus to whom be glory forever and ever”.

Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment