Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Packing, Loading, Traveling... (Part 2)

If you missed Part 1, you can see that here: Packing, Loading, Traveling... (Part 1


Ok, so fast forward 10 days and we were gearing up for John to leave again.  (He and Sean were planning to fly to Haiti today actually but due to Hurricane Sandy their plans changed.)
  
Are you noticing the patterns of change or is it just me?  :)   


flexibility = better chance of sanity or something close to it!


Though I miss John terribly, I'm really grateful that the guys followed their insight (from what I believe was God, himself) and left 3 days early with the intent of reaching Haiti without having any delays due to the storms.  I have heard multiple news reports tonight on the radio about business shut-downs (including airports) where they were scheduled to travel.  God is good!!!

With the change in travel plans, they did arrive in Haiti safe and sound on the 27th.  Yay!!!!!  They stayed 2 nights in Port-au-Prince where they found a familiar place to dine...


Complete with delivery service, ha!


Anyway, they were able to stay at the Mission House (where John and I stayed in June) in P-A-P Saturday and Sunday night.  They shopped for groceries and got a rental car and headed to Camp Coq today.  John was hopeful for a 2-3 hour drive but when he called this afternoon he said -not including the one wrong turn they took- the trip was a little over 5 hours long.  He sounded completely wiped out so extra prayers for them tonight would be great!!!

We are hopeful that our things that left Miami by ship on Thursday, the 25th, will arrive and go through customs with ease in the next couple of days.  We welcome your prayers for that, as well!

If you feel so inclined, PLEASE be in prayer regarding the container of our belongings in general... we are praying that it arrives with 'no issues' and that all of our things are accounted for and undamaged.  Also please pray that the fees that we will have to pay to get the things out of customs will be minimal.  We have heard of others having to pay as much as $10,000 just to get the things that belonged to them out of customs in the recent past.  
Different country... different "rules".  

Over the last couple of weeks I have thought about it all, worried about most of it all, confessed my worry, stressed over every possibility, let go of my stress and picked it back up only to lay it down again and have come to this:  God is in control and He has a plan regardless of what happens in the next few days.  

Do I hope we get everything back that we sent for the least amount of money possible?  Yessiree but if we do not, I know our God has a plan.  My job is to trust Him and let Him handle the rest.  I do better at this 'job' some days than I do on others but tonight I am so tired I am going to rest with "it's all good".

John and Sean are scheduled to be gone for the next 2 weeks.  During that time, they plan to get things ready for our arrival in January.  They will be installing the solar panels, kits and "such things".   !!Please, please excuse my less-than-technical terminologies but my brain is completely fried lately!!!  :/ 

I will try to keep you updated as I get more information.  In the meantime, please continue to pray for us as a family.  It's hard to be separated so much but we know that it's only a matter of weeks before our dream will be unfolding before our very eyes thanks to the One who placed this in our hearts to begin with!  

We have lots of 'hard things' left to do in the following 9 weeks but as we take it one day at a time, we trust all will be as it is supposed to be.  Does that even make sense?  My head hurts trying to put my thoughts into words tonight...ugh...life has been hard lately and it seems that all I can "see" some days are the struggles.  I will, however, choose to cling to what I know and that is that God is EVERYTHING He has promised He will be... He is sufficient and He is faithful!   

I've got to get some sleep but before I close I want to say thank you!  Thank you, God, for being in control when we are anything but!

Thank you to YOU who are faithful to follow us and pray for us and love us, even some from a distance.  We treasure you more than you know!!!!!

Thank you to our family who have (for the most part) been in prayer day in and day out and completely supportive.

Thank you to our closest friends who have rallied around us over the last 9 months and have loved us through some difficult days.  You are family to us, as well!

Thank you to LifeBridge Church who continues to be our cheerleaders and supporters in many ways!

Thank you to so many who are being the hands and feet to our family during this time!  You are blessing us now for sure but your generosity now will continue to bless others for time to come, you have our word on that and HIS (Genesis 12:3)! 

And last but not least, thank you to Sean Dodds!  I am so grateful for him and his family and their love for us and our family and the countless hours they have put into making this journey a reality!!!  I am thrilled that John is not traveling alone this week or working alone or figuring out new things alone!  I am moved by this family's sacrificial giving and dedication to physically walk with us!  

We are Blessed, Indeed!  


"...when you go through deep waters...I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown.  When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.  For I am the Lord, your God...you are precious to me.  You are honored, and I love you.  Do not be afraid, for I am with you." Isaiah 43:1-5


No comments:

Post a Comment