Tuesday, March 11, 2014

He knows...

I was prepared to hear her say she loved me.


I was prepared to hear her say that she would miss me.



I wasn't prepared for her to grab hold of me and physically weep out loud.


God knows Amelian's heart.
God knows my heart.
And He holds them both!


"Yesterday you experienced a great sorrow, and now your home seems empty.  Your first impulse is to give up and sit down in despair amid your dashed hopes.  Yet you must defy that temptation, for you are at the front line of the battle, and the crisis is at hand.  Faltering even one moment would put God's interest at risk.  Other lives will be harmed by your hesitation, and His work will suffer if you simply fold your hands.  You must not linger at this point, even to indulge your grief." - J.R. Miller (Streams in the Desert)

"Lord, You know that through our tears
Of hasty, selfish weeping
Comes surer sin, and for out petty fears
Of loss You have in keeping
A greater gain than all of which we dreamed;
You knowest that in grasping
The bright possessions which so precious seemed
We lose them; but if, clasping
Your faithful hand, we tread with steadfast feet
The path of Your appointing,
There waits for us a treasury of sweet
Delight, royal anointing
With oil of gladness and of strength.
~Helen Hunt Jackson



God knows.....










No comments:

Post a Comment