Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Treasures from Daddy

The beautiful colors of meadows in Spring
Autumn woodlands glow with fiery reds and purples
And in Winter the snow covered branches of trees
Give forests a roof of silvery lace
There's beauty in a bright, Summer flower
Splashed with sparkling raindrops.


Psalm 104:24 - "O Lord, how manifold are thy works!  In wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches."


On a bright sunny day when sunlight shines
Through the air light fills the sky
What a beautiful sight
A pretty blue sky,
God uses the sun to transcend some light

On a bright sunny day or a star laden night you can see God's beauty



I found this when I was packing books in the school room...  It was written by my Daddy and was tucked in a Childcraft book that was mine and my brother's when we were little.  Our kids have thoroughly enjoyed that set of books so it does pay to hang on to some things from generation to generation (smiles), but especially when there are priceless pieces of the past tucked inside.  I'm not sure my Daddy even meant to place this writing inside the book that was probably left open near the area where he was working many, many years ago but I know for certain that my Heavenly Father had a purpose in my finding it during our time of transition this year!

What an incredible reminder that yes, God is transcending light even in times of darkness.

I had the opportunity to go back to the top of the mountain with our boys before we left Camp Coq.  Though my Daddy couldn't be with me in person, I can't help but think about him every time I look at these images that portray a bit of the beauty that he described in his writing.










I am so grateful for parents that loved me enough to teach me about how much our very personal God loves us.  And the fact that they love God and radiate Him in their own lives is such an added bonus.

What an amazing God we serve.  Look for Him and you will find Him.....  (Deuteronomy 4:29)

Thank you, Daddy, for all the treasures you've given me!  I love you!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment