Sunday, July 6, 2014

Following to Lead...

A couple of months ago, before Chikungunya visited, the kids and I went to the "soccer field" in the village to get out of the guest house and play.  There's a little walking track there...and by little walking track, I mean a small path in the overgrown grass that goes around the perimeter of the said soccer field.  (smile)

The girls and I talked about walking/running a few laps while the boys played ball.  I started out and the girls fussed about who would be second and who would be last.  I pointed out that we could all take turns regarding order and then Kylie said,

"Mama, you follow Jesus and we'll follow you." 

I've stumbled a lot this year.  I've fallen a few times and debated on whether or not to get up.  I've complained and cried and been so tempted to give up.  I haven't had the strength to lead and sometimes felt I didn't even have the strength to follow.

Many days I felt like I just couldn't get anything right but praise God that even in my failings He's proving Himself faithful to me........and our crew.

I'm encouraged that Kylie gets it...that she recognizes and yet challenges me to continually claim Christ as the head leader.



We've learned a lot through the trials this year but one thing I'm most grateful for is the fact that our children have seen first-hand that....
     we don't hold their future,
   we don't always have the answers,
  and while we want only the best for them.....
   sometimes what is best is not easy at all.


"When we pray for what we most wish to happen, we can trust with absolute assurance that He will either act accordingly to our prayer...or do something better.  He will either bless us with what we want, or He'll bless us with what we really need and change our hearts to desire what He's given.  He alone knows what will get us most prepared for our next stage of abundant living, what will draw us nearest to Him in fellowship and intimacy, what will cause His glory to burst upon the stage of our lives with weighty significance, where everybody who wants to can see it.  We can totally rely on Him to take us exactly where we need to go...if we'll only be willing to follow." 
(One In A Million, Priscilla Shirer)






No comments:

Post a Comment