Monday, April 30, 2012

Pray for Austin…


I’ll admit... when I had a breakdown some 30 minutes ago, my thoughts were, “ok, it’s time to ask for back-up..it’s time to let your guard down, Dawn, and let them know just how weak you are..it’s time to quit acting like you are strong when you’re not and it’s time to open up and ask for help..”  Anyone who knows me, knows I can’t stand the words, ‘I can’t’ but after the last week I had and the starting of this week with a 1am wake-up to severe abdominal pains and other abdominal issues that resulted in a 2:45am ER visit leading to the 2nd IV in 7 days and more blood work and more scans and more “everything looks good.. we’ll send you home with more medicine for the nausea and pain(7 hrs later)” I teetered on the verge of ‘what-the-heck-is-next & I-just-don’t-have-the-strength-to-do-this-anymore’.
Then as I fumbled through my messages after being without media for the last 20 hours I read an email asking for prayer for a little guy named Austin.  He’s suffered over the last 5 years from seizures.  Seizures that have gotten worse and more frequent… He has as many as 80-100 life threatening seizures a day.  80 to 100... life threatening... can you even imagine?  I can’t!
So, I'm asking for your help... as you think of me and our family this week will you do me a favor?  Will you pray for Austin?!?  This Friday, Austin goes in for his 3rd brain surgery & I’ve been asked to pray that the surgery will stop the seizures from traveling from one side of his brain to the other causing “drop seizures” (any one which could be fatal).  Please join me in praying for him, for his parents Kurt & Kelly, for his siblings McKenzie & Hunter and for the surgeons.  While this surgery isn't supposed to eliminate the seizures, God is limitless!    

“Christ said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me…For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment