Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Big Dreams..Big Teams...


“When God calls someone He always calls others to stand with them.  The greater your dream, the greater your team must be.”  
   Today I want to say thank you!  Thank you to our support team who has partnered with us on this journey to Haiti.  Thank you for the words of encouragement, the perspective-changers when we can’t see past the negative some days, the tolerance-whether you understand or not- of my(Dawn) not wanting to discuss our pets and what will happen with them at this point, the assurance that we aren’t doing this thing alone and especially the constant prayers that give all of us the fuel that we need!  
    I am amazed at the number of people who have stepped up in the attempt to make our dream a reality.  (Wow, you go God!)  I am blown away regarding the Barbeque Benefit that Leigh Ann Howell is heading up on our behalf.  Confession: I felt weird about, personally, inviting others to the event that was set up on FaceBook but being that I have wise friends who remind me that #1) it doesn’t matter what others think!-J! And #2) this event is for God’s glory, not ours… there’s no reason for me to feel weird about spreading the word SO I gladly hit the share button this morning and sent invitations like crazy!  Ha!  Please let me know if you would like more information on this, BTW!!!
    While I don’t think it’s possible to thank each of you, specifically (because I’m sure some of you have offered up prayers and done some ‘behind-the-scene’ stuff that we aren’t even aware of), please know that we are extremely grateful for your obedience to God’s nudging in your own life as we seek to answer the call He’s placed on ours!  Dr. Larry Crabb said, “A vision we give to others of who and what they could become, has power when it echoes what the Spirit has already spoken into their souls.”  We know that having the right people beside us plus the blessing of the LORD means we will accomplish more than we can even dream possible!  So, thank YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment