Saturday, August 3, 2013

It feels good to be his princess...

Picture it…  Mississippi State…  December 1995…
Exams were over, my roommate was already gone, my car was packed and I had just gotten off the phone with my mom telling her I was headed home. 
And then the phone rang... 
IT WAS HIM!  He wanted to know if I had plans for the evening.  I said, ‘no’... 
(I know... it’s never ok to lie but that night, I lied)
The one movie I had no interest in watching was playing at the theater and John wanted to know if I wanted to go to dinner and see that movie... I have never showered and gotten dressed so fast in my life. 
I called my parents to let them know my plans had changed...and the rest just adds to our story! 

In years past I would’ve spent today getting things ready to leave with John for a night out or a weekend away to celebrate our anniversary but this year things are a little different.  While I am a little sad that we won’t be dining out at one of our favorite restaurants or spending weekend away without children, I cannot imagine life being any better than it is right now.  

We've had anything but a perfect marriage but there's no doubt we are perfect for each other.  
We've had the pleasure of sharing some blissful mountaintop experiences but we've also held on through some rough times when only our hope was Christ, himself.  
We've lost a lot but we've gained more.  
We've grown more together than we ever would have apart.  
Here are a few snapshots from the last 6 months... if I believed in luck, I'd say I was one lucky girl...











I love how you love me, John Chappelear… I do!  
Here's to 17+ more!!!

1 comment: