Saturday, January 11, 2014

Hope Rising

On December 28th we noticed we had a very hungry caterpillar on the premises...



On the 29th, he attached himself to a 'neighbor' leaf and started curling up...




On the 30th, we saw the chrysalis!  :)




We watched and watched each day in total amazement.  

Through heavy rains and some pretty strong winds, the chrysalis remained in tact, unharmed.  



The tree where it was attached swayed in the wind and the leaf blew up and down but the chrysalis never moved.  

So A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.


"Be alert, be present." (Isaiah 43:18)

 

"I'm about to do something brand-new." (vs. 19)


"It's bursting out!  Don't you see it?" (vs. 19)


"There it is!" (vs. 19)






"Reach out and experience the breadth!  Test its length!  Plumb the depths!  Rise to the heights!  Live full lives, full in the fullness of God.  God can do anything, you know - far more thank you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!  He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us." Ephesians 3: 18-21



I can't begin to tell you what being able to witness this miracle of life has done for me over the last couple of weeks.  Through the many parallels, I find comfort and joy.  

What perfect peace there is through trusting.  What beauty there is in waiting.  What freedom there is in living inside His protective covering.  

I continue to be amazed at my Savior's compassion...  

My Hope is rising!  

No comments:

Post a Comment