Saturday, January 25, 2014

'God already knowed'

“But if you seek the Lord your God, you WILL FIND Him if you look for Him with all your heart and with all your soul.” Deuteronomy 4:29
In my Word for You Today devotional it said this, “It is God, through His Word, Who speaks into existence His will for your life.  Our responsibility is to line up our will with God’s will.  When we do (not if we do), He empowers us to accomplish what normally would be humanly impossible.  Romans 1:17 says, “The just shall live by faith.”  And here is the kicker….. “Your faith is more important than your performance.  Yes, when God decrees something, we get to participate in it.  But in every case (not some cases), it is God who performs it.  The thing you’re worried about performing, God says will be done through HIS power.  Will you experience delays and disappointments?  Yes, but ultimately you won’t be denied, for God has decreed it.  You say, ‘But what about all my unanswered questions or all the loose ends that need to be tied up?’ It’s a ‘done deal’ as far as God’s concerned.  Romans 8:28 tells us this, “All things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose.”

In My Utmost for His Highest today it said this,
“As servants of God, we must learn to make room for Him-to give him ’elbow room’.  We plan and figure and predict that this or that will happen, but we forget to make room for God to come in as He chooses.   Would we be surprised if God came into our meeting or into our preaching in a way we had never expected Him to come?  Do not look for God to come in a particular way, but do look for Him
The way to make room for Him is to expect Him to come, but not in a certain way.  No matter how well we may know God, the great lesson to learn is that He may break in at any minute.  We tend to overlook this element of surprise, yet God never works in any other way.  Suddenly-God meets our life-“….when it pleased God…..”  (Galatians 1:15) 
Keep your life so constantly in touch with God that His surprising power can break through at any point.  Live in a constant state of expectancy, and leave room for God to come in as He decides.”
Today, I praise the Lord because He is allowing me to see Him and He is speaking to me.  He is meeting me right where I am, just as He promised!  
One thing about the Christian life I believe to be true is this: as a Christ follower, my relationship with Jesus is very personal but it is not to be private so I will continue to let you in on what God leads me to share.  You may not embrace my same feelings and you may disagree with my beliefs all together but as you read what He has laid on my heart today, I pray that you are encouraged in your own walk.  Whatever you are going through, struggling with or seeking answers to, I'm convinced that if you expect God to show up, you'll find that He's been there all along!
No matter where you are or what you are pursuing, I hope these words are as much an inspiration to you as they are to me, “You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go…..”  John 15:16

As one of our littles said this morning, “Mama, before Daddy got the call, God already knowed.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment