Saturday, February 1, 2014

One step.....

"Follow me one step at a time.  That is all I require of you...."
(Sarah Young ~ Jesus Calling)


This is one of my favorite photos from Kylie's first birthday.  (smiles)  She was still a little wobbly in her walk but she was so eager to learn how to move.  

Today's Jesus Calling devotional made me think of this photo and how my leading Kylie was a lot like Jesus leading me, except He does it so much better!  

"You see huge mountains looming, and you start wondering how you're going to scale those heights.  Meanwhile, because you're not looking where you're going you stumble on the easy path where I am leading you now.  As I help you get back on your feet, you tell Me how worried you are about the cliffs up ahead.  But you don't know what will happen today, much less tomorrow.  Our path may take an abrupt turn, leading you away from those mountains.  There may be an easier way up the mountains than is visible from this distance.  If I do lead you up the cliffs, I will even give My angels charge over you, to preserve you in all your ways."  

Lately I've prayed, 'God, please don't allow us to miss what you have for us right now while we are trying to gain clarity about the next thing.'  This was such a great reminder that without stressing over the next, I can enjoy right where I am.  There may be more turns and some sharp turn backs but I don't have to navigate, I just have to follow.

"Keep your mind on the present journey, enjoying My Presence.  Walk by faith, not by sight, trusting Me to open up the way before you."  

Jesus can and does assure us of so many things that we can only dream about for our children.  I will never be a perfect leader for my own children but what a joy it is to know the perfect One is leading me.

"We live by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7



No comments:

Post a Comment