Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dreaming and Imagining...

As the washing machine and the dryer are running in the background, Veggie Tales is playing on the TV in the living room and my favorite music is on in the kitchen.  My "Sambo", our ‘larger-than-most’ dog, is lying at my feet and I am enjoying watching the trees in the back yard blow in the wind.  (For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Sam, here's a picture of him & Kylie when she was younger so you can see his size.)
Sooner than later, I won’t have a washing machine or a dryer or a TV or my pets.  While I’m going to miss the things that make up my current everyday life, (some things more than others!) today I am dreaming of what is to come…  I know how excited I was when I met the orphans and the local families in Camp Coq for the first time 
and I can only imagine how cool the introductions between our kiddos and those that will become our extended family are going to be.
  
I envision Caleb and Jeff and LuLu embarking on several excursions and making creative projects.
I can’t wait for game nights and dress up time with Kylie and Dalinda…
and sharing silly songs and watching Kinley chase chickens and mocking the roosters will surely be great entertainment! 

While I know that change is almost always anything but easy, I’m quite certain that the break from the comforts we are accustomed to will only be a blessing when it’s all said and done.  The relationships that have already begun and those that are to come....hmm, I think God has some great things in store for us and there's a part of me that cannot wait to embrace those things!   

(heehee....“I Can Only Imagine” by MercyMe just came on the radio in the kitchen!  Ha I’m seriously giddy………)

As we continue to plan and make arrangements for things like having a benefit garage sale in October, getting our house ready for the next owners, sorting through our belongings and shipping things we will need from here to there, we need your prayers for things to go as smoothly as possible.  John is currently working on some detailed “reports” so we can keep you up to date on the ‘business side’ of the move.  As soon as we have those details together, we will share that with you, as well.  We love you and we appreciate your petitions for our family! 

“Blessed are your eyes because they see,” Jesus said, “and your ears because they hear.” Matthew 13:16

No comments:

Post a Comment