Saturday, August 18, 2012

It's Almost BBQ Time!!!

WOW!!  It's almost time!  I am overwhelmed.... I am so excited... I am unable to sleep (and for those of you who know me well, you know I LOVE some sleep)... I am overwhelmed at HOW HE LOVES us!
Today is a big day!  It's a HUGE day!!!  Today is the day that our family at LifeBridge Church is hosting a Barbecue Benefit in our honor.  I am convinced only God could orchestrate something as big as this!  We are grateful for EVERY hand that has organized & publicized this event!  People made signs, made t-shirts, bought t-shirts, made bracelets, made flip-flops, purchased items, dropped off items, sorted items, set up tents, moved tables, donated food, prepared food, cooked food (some cooked ALL night last night), donated a bounce house, donated a SNOBIZ booth and snow cones, gathered materials for face painting, and on and on and on...........

So many have given of their time (some have given LOTS of time) and we are extremely grateful!  Some of the people that have freely given are people I still don't know, which blows me away!!...  some, I met last night.. some, I hope to meet today and some, I know I may never meet!  WOW, ONLY YOU, GOD!  Your love never fails!!!  

It's hard to believe - whether I see it happening in person or see pictures of 'behind the scenes' - I still cannot seem to grasp how big this thing has gotten..... There will be a LIVE band today at the event, we'll have a face painting booth, flip-flops and prayer bracelets for sale, a bounce house for the kids & food galore from 11-4pm today!  When I picked the kids up from school yesterday, I was telling them about all that will be going on today and Caleb said, "Mom, I cannot believe that God let all these people understand what we are doing and then they are doing so much for us!  This is SOOOOO cool!" (My thoughts exactly!)

Saying thank you seems so inadequate...  we are inspired!  We are encouraged!  We are being fueled to continue this dream that we have been given!!!  We pray that God will bless each person that has given on our behalf!  If you're in town, we hope you will stop by so we can hug your neck and say thank you in person!



No comments:

Post a Comment