Sunday, February 3, 2013

Praising Him

This morning I am sad that our sweet Kylie is sick.  I believe it’s nothing more than a virus and I am at complete peace that she will be fine once it “runs it’s course” but I am sad that she doesn’t feel well.  She has bounced up every morning, eager to play and find her new ‘sisters’ but she hasn’t been herself since Friday morning.

I try to share a good bit about what’s going on in our lives to keep you all up to date but I also think it’s important to share with you what we are learning so today while we are asking for your prayers, I want to tell you about this book I’m reading called, “31 Days of Praise”.  In it, the writer talks about the importance of praise in our lives with Christ.  One of the great things about praise even in the midst of trials is that it activates God’s power.  There’s a quote listed from an unknown source that says, “Prayer has been called ‘the slender nerve that moves the mighty hand of God’.”  It also states, “Any form of sincere, believing prayer directs God’s power into our lives and situations, but this is especially true of prayer blended with praise.”

We are seeing firsthand that praise and thanksgiving are means to keeping the right perspective throughout our journey.  2 Chronicles 20 tells the story of King Jehoshaphat’s dramatic battle and how terrified he was.  He began praising God and speaking of his great qualities in the midst of his fear.  He then took his great problem to the Lord, admitting his own lack of power and asking God to do what only He could do.  The King received a message saying, “Do not fear or be dismayed…the battle is not yours but God’s”.  Guess what the King did after that… he worshipped God and praised Him some more.  ‘He sandwiched his request for help between two thick slices of praise and worship.’  If you read on in chapter 20 you will find that the King’s army went out for battle early the next day.  King J instructed them to have faith in God and assured them they would be upheld.  He even appointed certain men to sing to the Lord and to praise Him.  They led out believing and praising God…believing AND praising.  As the men started to sing and praise, the Lord set ambushes against the enemies and they were defeated!  Not one of them escaped alive.  King J and his men had to do nothing but BELIEVE and PRAISE and then swoop in after God defeated the enemies to collect treasures they found in the enemy camp.  It took them THREE days to collect all the treasures!!!  Classic example that the things that moved God’s mighty hand were much praise, a simple request, faith in God’s word and signs of faith, worship and still more praise.

So are we assured that if we praise God continuously that all will work out the way we want it to?  Absolutely not so what’s the point?  God and only God can see past our today.  He and only He knows what is best for us ALL the time.  As parents, we know that what is best for our children isn’t always what they want, right?  Sometimes the best hurts (immunizations for example), sometimes the best punishes (correction for safety for example) and sometimes it is lonely (protection, perhaps).  Bottom line… we are trusting…when we cannot see past today’s circumstances, today’s meal, today’s weather, etc. we are trusting in our Great God who has proved Himself over and over and today we aren’t just trusting but we are praising!

I woke up in a panic and flew out of bed when I heard Kylie getting sick this morning but I am praising God today that we all got a good night’s rest before facing our battles today.

Cleaning up our sick child and the floor with a flashlight wasn’t how we wanted to start the day but praise God we have Clorox wipes and found half a bottle of Lysol!

As the sun came up and we got Kylie resettled in our room, here is our view…

 



Praise the LORD!  Only HE can create such a view!

Kylie still isn’t feeling well but we rejoice in the fact that it is unusually cool this morning!  I’ve been blogging in a long sleeve t-shirt and shorts…Kylie is cool and resting underneath one of her favorite blankets! (Thank you, Lord!)

Kylie and I didn’t get to go to church this morning…this morning was going to be our first time at our new Haiti church in Camp Coq as a whole family.  Since we still didn’t know where all of our church clothes were last week, we had family church here at the house.  This was Kylie’s journal entry last week….. “1/27/13…At church, is osm” (translation… At church and it’s awesome)  A couple of days before, she wrote this… “I’m goine to be with you ol my heart from my lif from evr and evr. Today I pld with my sisr (Islande) and my fuens today.” 
J I am praising God that Kylie knows Him, personally, and that she talks to Him and that she teaches me transparency before our very real and compassionate God!

I’m praising God that although my blogging was just interrupted as John came back home (with Kinley who is now sick) that we can worship Him anywhere.  I’m cranking my music and will praise Him today, no matter what!  Please add Kinley to your prayers... thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!


“When all kinds of trials and temptations crowd into your lives, my brothers, don’t resent them as intruders, but welcome them as friends!  Realize that they come to test your faith and to produce in you the quality of endurance.”  James 1:2-4

Give me Faith (http://youtu.be/gs5u0j0UUPc)

1 comment:

  1. I miss you and I am praying for all of you, esp. Kylie, but now will add Kinley for the bug! Know you are constantly in my prayers and I look forward to getting your reports! Love you all, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete